What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Ammeter reading fluctuating

RONSIM

Well Known Member
Finished installing my Dynon EMS 120 ---- really big improvement over the eight separate instruments I had in the panel. I have not calibrated my fuel tanks yet, but everything else working well EXCept the ammeter readout.

I am using the GRT CS-01 Hall Effect on the alternator output cable --- The EMS readout rapidly fluctuates, with engine running, anywhere from 5 to 10 amps, or more. It does indicate additional load as I turn stuff on, so I know it is reading the load.

When I use my clamp-on DC ammeter, on the same cable, at the same time, the reading is stable and changes as load is applied.

Any ideas on this?

(again, love the EMS 120!)

Thanks for the help,

Ron

Ron, try the AC setting on the handheld - - does the output have an AC component?

Thanks, guys

I will look for the AC component and report back -- and I will try the Dynon forum next --- I too got a lot of good info there during the install.

R.

Move it to the battery + cable, if the flux goes away, then its interference from something else or AC flux from the alternator. If it stays, then could be a sensor, connection, or processor issue. If you are getting significant AC flux from the altrnator, you could have one or more bad rectifier diodes in the alternator.

Back