Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 11-27-2022, 11:41 AM

Default Odyssey Website has some good info

NEVER exceed 15.0 volts across terminals, as it will cause shortened life of battery,.... (but need around 14.1-14.7 volts to properly charge)

Checking "state of battery" must be done at least 6 hours after charge of battery

There is a process to "recondition" a battery, that slowly discharges and then recharges, and may take several cycles
Phase 2 has started!
Thanksgiving time, is dues time for us
Old 11-29-2022, 08:38 PM

Default BRS SUPER BATTERY

I know nothing about this other than the specs listed …..but 10 year guarantee available…..310 CCA …..and looks to be 2.6 lbs lighter https://brssuperbattery.com/products...0-year-battery
Old 11-29-2022, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbronco View Post
I know nothing about this other than the specs listed …..but 10 year guarantee available…..310 CCA …..and looks to be 2.6 lbs lighter https://brssuperbattery.com/products...0-year-battery
Interesting. I have been looking at these for a couple of weeks. They have 3 pricing levels for their warranty , 30 day, 2 year and 10 year. It’s a no questions asked warranty nor is it prorated. I’m just not ready to pull the trigger. Also their 10 year warranty is only valid if it’s been on a maintainer.

Keith

RV-10 in progress
CGMMD reserved
Dues paid till 2024
Old 11-30-2022, 03:33 AM

Default Yes. Seems reasonable

....I too am interested in these .....warranty seems reasonable and I would just buy their charger/ maintainer and wire in the plug ......their 10 year pricing is reasonable and the 2 year seems in par with cost of other comparable batteries .......2.6 lbs is significant...little wider so need to measure battery box
Old 11-30-2022, 07:53 AM

Smile PC680 energize bunny

I’ve had 4 680s in 10 years, none of them failed. I would change because of a long trip over places with no support or one was on someone else’s shelf for 3 years and never used. I have one on a tug, lawn tractor, 5 years, two others on farm gates 4 years, after they were in the RV for 2 or 3 years, with solar chargers, they all just keep running and running.
RV6A owner N6711
L19 sold
ATP/FE/CFI 10 Type Ratings.