What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot & AoA line routing into fuselage

WiscoMick

What are most folks doing in their 6/7/9’s for the point of entry on their fuselages for their Pitot and AoA lines? Our lines are all finished from the probe, thru the left wing, and currently ended at the wing root. Looking for where is the location that works well for penetrating the left side of the fuselage for continued routing to behind the instrument panel.

Many thanks for any advice.

Mick

I ran the static line along the left upper longeron, and drilled a 1/4" hole in the F-705G-L, F-705E-L, F-705D-L assy to get through that area. From there, the static line runs under the F-721B-L canopy deck forward to the F-721A-L canopy deck and then through the F-768B-L outboard sub panel.

See DWG 20 and DWG 25, Detail K for clues here.

Brian, thank you for the input but we are in fine shape with our static line routing from the rear to the front.

What we really need help with is bringing the two pitot and AoA line from the wing root space into the fuselage.

Cheers,

Mick

On drawing 28 it shows the factory solution; enlarging the hole in the skin and F-715 rib under the big lightening hole to 5/8". I haven't got that far yet, but it seems kinda tight for pitot, AoA and a wire bundle so I'll probably run my pitot/aoa thru there and find a more creative routing for the wire conduit.

An alternative is to poke a couple of 1/4" holes further back on the F-715 for pitot & AOA. Slap a small doubler on it if you're worried about structural integrity.

Last edited:
Just me

I plan to bring my pitot and aoa lines down the tunnel under the fuel pump to the front. I am still not comfortable with the fuel filter at that location since it needs to be serviced every year, but i dont know what else to do.

Brian, thank you for the input but we are in fine shape with our static line routing from the rear to the front.

What we really need help with is bringing the two pitot and AoA line from the wing root space into the fuselage.

Cheers,

Mick

I brought the pitot and AOA lines from the left wing routing grommets along the backside of the spar. Once inside the cabin, through one of the holes in the Rear Spar Box Carry through, then up and over the end of the spar and under the F-704K cap strip to the F-721A-L canopy deck forward to the F-768B-L subpanel next to the static line. Attached are a couple of pics, not the best but you can see the blue & green poly line in these pics

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 8.30.09 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 8.30.09 AM copy.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 382
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 8.30.59 AM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 8.30.59 AM copy.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
my were packed in the tunnel

if I remember correctly, I brought the tubes thru the fuse about 12 inches aft of the main spar. I spliced the tubes together just aft of the spar with thick silicone hose that slides over the ends of the tubing and makes a good seal.

100_5022_small.jpg

my favorite routing photo. after five attempts. I was worn out after this. ah, those were the days. I haven't touched it since. fuel filter was routed down the middle.

100_5114_small.jpg

100_5207_small.jpg

Last edited:
Back