What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trio Servo Mandatory Change

Finley Atherton

Well Known Member
Trio Mandatory Field Change applies to all Gold servos.

Some time ago I had a Gold Standard Servo and the pressed pin was somewhat loose in the shaft/hub. The pin had not moved from it's correct position but a gentle push on the end of the pin could easily move it. I sent the servo back to Trio and they replaced it with a new one.

Fin
9A

Last edited:
Trio Mandatory Field Change applies to all Gold servos.

Some time ago I had a Gold Standard Servo and the pressed pin was somewhat loose in the shaft/hub. The pin had not moved from it's correct position but a gentle push on the end of the pin could easily move it. I sent the servo back to Trio and they replaced it with a new one.

Fin
9A

I checked my Trio Gold servo this morning per the Service Bulletin and the pin was tight. I was dreading pulling the servo and drilling the shaft for the cotter pin so I was pleasantly surprised to find the hole is already in the shaft. Complying with the SB only took a couple of minutes with no need to remove the servo. An AN5 washer is a perfect fit on the shaft.

RE: Trio Service Bulliten,
I checked both of my servos and found no problem.
It took longer to remove the back bulkhead and wing tip then to add the washer and cotter pin.
Rich
RV6 Ni721ET

checked my Trio gold servo.

Found no looseness on the shaft or bushing. Did find the hole predrilled in the shaft and a -5 washer and cotter pin took all of about 2 minutes. Thanks Trio for the hole in the shaft.

Back