What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gas Money

LAMPSguy

Well Known Member
I am a Navy IP in the Milton, FL area. I have been a long time lurker, seen a few (I think Bobby Hargrave in Milton?) RV's but have never had the chance to fly in one...I have gas money! Lots of helo time and not much in fixed wing. Anybody wanna split some gas money?

Kind of. I am a military flight instructor in Milton (Outside Pensacola) and would like to share the gas with you if you would like to share the ride experience. I am considering an 8 and have been for some time. Got really close, but then the wife lost her job, so I have to wait on the purchase. I have a very...variable work schedule so bear with me. Please send PM if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a long way away in Ft. Pierce, but if you ever get to KFPR, give me a call. I'll PM you my #. I was Army helo driver so I wont hold the helicopter thing against you....maybe the Navy thing though:D. Anyway if you are ever down that way call me and we'll go for a flight in the 8.

Jim

LAMPSguy, we need to get you a ride!

My son (also LAMPS, now FTS at HSL60 in Jax) did his last tour where you are, mostly in the fixed-wing FITU, so it's pretty easy to imagine how far out in the 'burbs you are. And PNS, from my experience when flying in/out of there, is not exactly a hub of E-AB or RV activity.

I'll PM you a suggestion that, I think, will get you a ride early this year.

Jack

Used to be a Navy IP building an RV around there

There used to be an Navy IP stationed there who was building an RV. I believe it was a 10. Hopefully he is still there. I don't think he's flying it yet, but he would probably be a great resource.

RV ride?

Nick,
I'll be at Brewton, AL (12J) next Saturday, 22 Jan, for a Gulf Coast Aerobatic Club practice. If you're under 185 lbs, I can take you up. BTW, if any RV folks in the area are interested in attending and learning about competition aerobatics, please contact me by e-mail so we can get a head count. If you're over 185 lbs, maybe someone else can take you up in their RV.

Bill McLean
RV-4 Slider

Nice responses

I am about 205 with my flying clothes on and I have done my fair share of Aero...so wouldn't mind just a ride it the weight is an aero thing, send a PM, I could drive up to Brewton. As for fort Pierce, I was just there for the Airshow in Stewart a while back. I was the helo that flew out early Sunday, had an ignitor failure. Nice Sheriff had a spare. It is four legs and four starts for us to get back to Pensacola...3 guesses how long the "used" ignitor lasted us! FOUR!

Last edited:
Nick,
I have a 7 over at AL55 (Shields Field) in Lillian, AL. I can fly over to Milton and pick you up or you can come out to my hangar. I have a flexible schedule. Call me 850 291-4134

Rocky

I'll trade you a ride in a -10 for a shot off a carrier in an F-18! ;)

Heck, I would GIVE you my -10 for a ride in an F-18 shot off a carrier!

Hmmmmmm. I just may have come up with a way to help reduce the deficit! Pay to fly off a carrier based F-18!

Last edited:
Orders

Yup, found another flying tour here for a few years vice pretending to be a ship driver.

2 years

2 more years for flying for sure, then the DH decision and maybe another few years. It is a very hard decision.

I'm 41 mi. west of Cecil (KVQQ) at Cannon Creek Airpark (15FL) in Lake City if you don't mind a ride in an RV-7A.

Dan
203-206-0535

Ride

Just got a look at Joe Tierney's 7. If it flys I want to fly in it! Will send PM, but don't hold your breath, Navy keeps me busy!

Back