What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fittings for EI Fuel Flow Sensor?

Craig23

Well Known Member
Hello Everyone,

I am installing the red cube fuel flow sensor between my Precision Silverhawk servo body and the distribution block at the top of the engine. The FI system uses #4 hoses, and I'm wondering what kind of fittings others have used to attach those hoses to the sensor? It looks like the sensor takes -6 fittings, so do I need to get reducers?:confused: I've also read that I should use steel fittings in the fuel system, but the sensor is made out of aluminum. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hi Craig,

I used AN816-4-4D fittings (1/4" NPT x 1/4" hose) with the "red cube". All the hoses between the AFP servo and spider were -4.

Now you've got me thinking, why don't AN nuts and fitting gall? Is it because of the coating (name escapes me at the moment).

Regards,

......installing the red cube fuel flow sensor between my Precision Silverhawk servo body and the distribution block at the top of the engine......I've also read that I should use steel fittings in the fuel system.......
If the suggestions from EI are to be believed, it is considered acceptable to use aluminum fittings with its transducer. Review section 3.10 (page 14-15) in the EI instruction manual for both size and type of fitting required for use with its red cube:
http://www.buy-ei.com/Manuals/EI%20MVP-50P%20II.pdf

azbdvm.jpg

If the suggestions from EI are to be believed, it is considered acceptable to use aluminum fittings with its transducer. Review section 3.10 (page 14-15) in the EI instruction manual for both size and type of fitting required for use with its red cube:
http://www.buy-ei.com/Manuals/EI%20MVP-50P%20II.pdf

azbdvm.jpg

I know this thread is old, but Rick is still here so - - -

Rick, I am about to mount my "red cube" exactly like your photo. Since it has now been 7 years, has it provided good service in this location/orientation?

I have the stock IO360 M1B engine.

Back