What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flaring tool

I haven't tried it but it looks like an "import" knock-off of the Imperial flaring tool that I have.. The price looks pretty much in-line wiht what I'd expect from an "import" You could check with them where the tool is made.

pgroell said:
Hello all,

has anybody tried this flaring tool, which is half the price of aviation item.

Part N? :

Thanks for your feedback

Pascal, The flaring tool you show is for single flares, which may not be the same as the aircraft tool. The single flare leaves the raw edge on the outside whereas the double flare folds it back in. Check that you are making an apples to apples comparison.
Bill Jepson

For a few bucks more, buy the Parker Rolo-Flair Flaring tool. It really does a nice job on AL tube.

Just curious, where are you needing double flares on an RV? Steel tubing for Fuel injection? Double flares seem to be more for auto brake lines and are 45deg. AN is 37.

Roberta

Last edited:
Thanks for your input.

As all has to be imported to France with 20% tax, I try to have a look at all possible savings. I'll buy the Rolo-Flair with one of my next order in the US.

Pascal,

If you really want to save money, borrow a flaring tool from a fellow builder. There are several RV builders in the Paris region.

I know it makes me feel great when I can lend a special tool to someone.

Back