What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap riveting question

copterdoc

Ok, I know this should be simple but the heat must be getting to me! After you drill and cleco the flap together the rivet line along the skin lap joint for the top and bottom skins ends at the inboard rib. This leaves about 2-3" of skin on the bottom side not riveted together. I don't see anything in the instructions or on the plans as to what to do here. Do you just extend the rivet line or is there a fitting issue to the fuse. down the road I don't see? I checked a couple of web sites but couldn't see anything in the pics or narration. I know the top gets trimmed to fit later but no mention about the bottom overlap. I hope the pic helps.It's the area indicated by the yellow arrows! Thanks guys!http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5995/flap8hn.jpg

Flaps

Totally normal. This stuff will tuck under the fuselage when the flaps are up, and you will need to trim it eventually. This will be done when you fit the flaps to the fuselage. Build on!

Thanks! I'm not really sure why I don't have any pictures of the flap installation. I guess I was just so excited to have them on, and make them go up and down and up and down and...

Back