What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Storage / Dispensing Systems

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
Anyone have a lead on an effective storage / dispensing system for the gallon containers (Akzo in my case)? I hate pouring / cleanup with the gallon container and figure there has to be a better way.

Thanks,
Scott

Ladles

On my wife's suggestion I went to a restaurant supply and picked up stainless steel ladles. They have a good selection of sizes. Used them to dip the nasty stuff out of the cans and pour into the mixing cup. You still have to clean up the ladles afterward, but it wasn't too bad.

Jerald King
Strategic building pause - RV8

Measuring

A variety of syringes works for me. The big ones for administering liquid food products work great for big jobs. Smaller veterinary ones for smaller jobs. Easy to clean and perfect measure every time.

I use a 2 oz disposable plastic cup and a pair of long needle nose pliers to act as a kind of ladle. Hold my paint gun cup over the gallon and fill as required. Fast, easy and clean. A sleeve of 250 of the souffle cups from a restaurant supply costs about 4 bucks which is much cheaper than a gallon of mineral spirits for clean up.

Mixer - Pour top

Based on a tip I got last year on VAF, I bought one of these : http://www.rockler.com/mixing-mate-paint-lid-gallon-size-stir-pour-and-store#product-tabs for Part A of the AZKO.

Worked great for the first gallon and now I'm using it on the second gallon.

I would like to find a better dispenser bottle for the activator (Part B). Right now I'm using a small dispenser bottle I picked up at Wally World.

I just realized this is the same thing that is in the Amazon link provided above.

Last edited:
Based on a tip I got last year on VAF, I bought one of these : http://www.rockler.com/mixing-mate-paint-lid-gallon-size-stir-pour-and-store#product-tabs for Part A of the AZKO.

Worked great for the first gallon and now I'm using it on the second gallon.

I would like to find a better dispenser bottle for the activator (Part B). Right now I'm using a small dispenser bottle I picked up at Wally World.

I just realized this is the same thing that is in the Amazon link provided above.

Yes, I got the gallon and quart sizes. The only difference in these and the professional ones in a mixing bay, is the hand crank. A must buy!

Back