What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleveland C frame and clecos on sale

Rockyjs

Well Known Member
Patron
Just found a C frame from Cleveland tools on sale for $118. Also they have Clecos on sale (3/32, 1/8) for $32/100. The sale prices dropped off, but Annette just called to say they will be reinstated. Being a newbie RV-7 QB builder I've been slowly getting tools together. These seem to be as good a price as I can find. Also any ideas about what tools I won't need doing a QB and attending Alexander Technical School for the tail build. Do I need a fluting tool? etc. Also I have a pneumatic squeezer with a small (1 1/2")C yoke. I plan on purcasing a longeron yoke from Clear Air and at least one additional yoke. They have a 4" thin nose. Has anybody used this? Seems like it may flex alot. Any recommendations greatly appreciated! Thanks

A buddy has the 4" thin nose and it works great for AD3 rivets; there are some places where it is the only thing that will squeeze the rivet (the alternative is pop rivets - like in the TE of some control surfaces. There are other ways to buck solid rivets in there). I don' think it is necessary, but I think a thin nose is very useful and you might as well have the 4". I have never squeezed an AD4 with it so I don't know about flex there...

I don't know if you "need" a fluting tool either, but even with a QB there will be some places where it would be handy. Last I saw Cleaveland's version was on sale, too - it is a nice tool.

edit - oops, I meant seaming tool ...the cleaveland hand seamer was on sale... You still may need to seam AND flute some parts in the QB fuse. Am I confusing you yet :) ?

Last edited:
Back