What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero

MarkW

Well Known Member
Friend
I received my new interior the day before my DAR inspection and first flight.
What timing and two weeks earlier that promised.
I worked with Luke on the seats since I am 6'5 and 230# and was worried about fit. I had originally thought I would buy the expensive Aviator model but Luke suggested the Sportsman for fit. Not only that he offered to do a little customizing for my height. The seats are a little wider and the side bolsters are less angle. This gives the seat a wider feel. Now if I were 5'8" and 160# the snug feel of the original design would be nicer but for me these things are great. Boy does a good looking interior wake up the looks of the plane.
I am glad Classic Aero Designs is an advertiser here and I highly recommend them for Service, quality, style and pricing.

How was the install? Any gotchas? Is there room to sneak a pitot line or wire behind the side panel?

Nice Folks, well organized.

I stopped by there for an impromptu tour while out there for transition training. Luke was out of the factory that day, but Dorry (seamstress) and Stan gave me the cooks tour. A very nice operation, well organized. Stan put together a color sample package for me in about 2 minutes. I saw some of the custom work going on there. I sis not stay long as I was holding up production!

Kudos the the Classic Aero Staff.

+1 on Classic Aero interiors. This is the Sportsman II side panel package. I haven't finished all the install but it looks and fits great so far. My son said it looked like a Corvette interior.

IMG_6079.JPG

Back