What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Zulu Headset

RV6_flyer

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Before I settled on two (2) Zulu headsets, I purchased a Bose X. I like the Bose but like the Zulu better so I sold the Bose and got a 2nd Zulu. Looks like my Zulu needs a repair for the second time. They repair them free but I still have to pay for shipping and am without a headset or two headsets thus cannot fly while they were gone. Last time I sent the headset in, it took over one month to get it back. Both headsets work BUT a cracked cord on both is not right. I depart on my 2-week flying vacation in a week and cannot get this fixed / returned in that time unless I go buy a cord at the local electronics shop and do it myself.

This is what one cord looks like. Sorry for the bad iPhone photo.

This is the other (2nd Zulu Headset) and what it looks like.

I almost feel like I am being forced to go buy a Bose A20 Headset so that I have a spare to use when my Zulu headset breaks next time.

I acquired both of my Zulu headsets when the trade-in program started so I am an early adopter.
Anyone else have the same problem with a cracked cord on their EARLY Zulu headset?

I've been with my first set since 2006 with no issues until a leaking battery took out the electronics. My second set was purchased at Osh 2011 and is perfect.

Aside from the leaking battery thing, they've been bulletproof.

I have had to send my Zulu in once for repair, and they fixed it at Oshkosh once. I have a LOT of flying hours on it, though. Easily 4-500. We've had to send Bose headsets back too, but they charge for that. If they work, tape up the cut and wait until you plan to not fly for a couple if weeks (or a hangar neighbor can loan you one).

I can loan you one or two of mine, but I'll need it back by July 25th. If you want, give me a call at 352-427-0285.

Mine worked like this for a year before I got around to having them fixed, just tape them up and go to OSH, worry about it when you get home.

Back