What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ZU-EBF with covered slider canopy ?

Pilottonny

Well Known Member
Hello,

Does anybody know "Andre Labuschagne" ? (Andre, maybe you are watching these forums your self?).

The picture of his RV9A was in this months Rvator. He is the one with the covered top part of the canopy, so you sit in the shade.

Me, being used to our clubs Cessna?s 152's and 172's, I always sit in the shade of the wing. I have always thought it would get very hot and uncomfortable under the bubble canopy and therefore I wanted to create some shade. I know, I know!..... there is the optional sun shades that Vans sells (curtain-like-thingy) but, that is not the same. The way that Andre has done it, you could actually fit some real sun-visors at the front and even on the sides, similar to what you have in the car (I use them every day, especially when the sun is low).

Now I know, some of you will say that you will loose some of that wide open view and that you can no longer see out above, etc. etc., but that is more for the aerobatics-planes I think, not so much for the 9A!?

And.... I think it looks great !!!

I would like to see some more pictures, would like to know if it is just painted, or is it insulated and upholstered from the inside? Etc. etc.

Any information is appreciated.

Regards, PilotTonny.

To each his own...

I don't fly aerobatics, but is sure nice to see up when you are in a bank.
I had planned to add the sunshade after I started flying, but I enjoy the exceptional view that I think that I will just wear my hat instead. :D

It can get warm on the ground, but as soon as you get going the vents provide plenty of cooling air.

Kent

go to www.rvclubsa.com look under the completed section, there is an additional picture of ZU-EBF. I have his email address, I cant seem to PM you, Send me an PM and I will reply with this email address.

Last edited:
Back