What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ztron Labs Stobes/Landing Lights

keny

Has anybody used either/both of this advertiser's products? I'm building an RV12 and am particularly interested in your experience in using these in a 12.

Work Great so far

I have them on the -10. 130+ hrs work great.

If I remember correctly you will need to buy the Wheelen tail light bezel if you plan on using the tail/strobe light.

I have no expiriance with the Landing light products they offer.

I have landing and nav/tail lights on my 8. Not flying yet but they have been tested at night and work great. I have two landing lights one in each wingtip, pointing one for taxi and one straight and level. Pleased so far. My airplane was used as prototype for the landing lights in the wingtips, since then Warren at ztron has come up with a better heat sink, makes it easier to install. Great people to work with.

bird

Z-tron landing lights and nav/strobes

I have a set of each and have only tested them adjacent to the in-completed fuselage to date. The Nav/strobes seemed to work well with minimal radio interference, however the landing lights had so much static that it made the radio unusable.

The manufacturer agreed to exchange them for a newer version but I have not received the new ones yet to try...

Back