What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Yaw Damper Kit - A Question

rccpilot223

Patron
Searching for guidance on the yaw damper installation kit for the -10, and hoping the hive mind here can help. The Vans Store has an RV-14 yaw damper install kit for $189, but the Store does not appear to have one for the -10. A call to the Builder Support team didn't offer much help as they THINK the -14 kit will work for the -10, but couldn't provide assurance. I see that Stein has a kit designated for the -10 on their site ($595). I also note that, strangely, the Vans Store seems to no longer carry the "Yaw Hoop" part that actually connects the servo to rudder cables (it's not included in their -14 install kit).

So, my questions are...

1) Is the -10 installation kit different than that used for the -14??
2) Am I just missing the Yaw Hoop in the Store, or do I have to go to Stein for that part??
3) I can buy the whole kit from Stein, of course, but the $595 price seems crazy (I know, I know...everything about building planes is a little crazy)

Thanks!

The 14 kit can be modified to fit the 10 and you can modify the Dynon hoop to fit the Garmin servo. Lots about it in the archives here.

Back