What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

X96 sending freq's to radio question????

Brantel

Well Known Member
For those using a X96 to send freq's to their com radio's, Is there a way to push a frequency on command instead of just what airport is close or the next waypoint?

I am using my X96 with the A210 and all seems to work fine in the fact that it will load a list of freqs for either the closest airport or the next wp but it would be nice to be able to push freq's on demand say if I was panning the cursor over to another airport and select one of the freq's in the database???

Anyway to make this go direct to the standby channel?

Not with the A210. Icom didnt program this feature. I have asked for it, but I wouldnt hold your breath. They did fix the dual scan to work properly though after a lot of people contacted them. I still have to remember that I have to press the dual button every time I transmit as it goes off of dual scan mode.

Oshkosh

The Icom guy at Oshkosh claimed that they have added this feature. I'd asked for it also. I have NOT confirmed this yet (and determined the firmware revision number). I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

For those using a X96 to send freq's to their com radio's, Is there a way to push a frequency on command instead of just what airport is close or the next waypoint?

Yes, just hilight the frequency you want and press Enter, and it will appear in the standby slot on the radio. I don't know about other makes, but obviously it works on "Brand G" radios. :)

mcb

Request for all A210 Owners !!!!

Yes, just hilight the frequency you want and press Enter, and it will appear in the standby slot on the radio. I don't know about other makes, but obviously it works on "Brand G" radios. :)
mcb

Those with A210's, please go here:

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/contactusform.aspx?ContactType=CS

and here

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/contactusform.aspx?ContactType=TS

And request the following:

"Please revise the A210's firmware to include the following features:

1. Prevent the A210 dual watch function from being disabled when the radio is transmitting requiring the pilot to push the dual button again to get back to dual watch mode.

2. Allow direct frequency entry into the standby channel from a GPS that transmits frequency information when a frequency in the GPS database is selected and pushed to the A210.

Both of these features are standard on most Garmin radio's and it would add additional value to the A210's feature set."

If enough people ask, they might do it. After all they did fix the dual watch feature after enough people complained. Even if you don't use the frequency download or the Dual Watch mode, please help us help Icom make this a better radio :eek:

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with ICOM

They have absolutely NOT fixed this problem.
In fact what the tech support guy said was that the Japanese are culturally very sensitive to each "problem" that is reported by the tech support guys. Frankly, I don't give a ****. I just want the thing modified, and to do it we will have to swamp them with email at [email protected].

They have absolutely NOT fixed this problem.
In fact what the tech support guy said was that the Japanese are culturally very sensitive to each "problem" that is reported by the tech support guys. Frankly, I don't give a ****. I just want the thing modified, and to do it we will have to swamp them with email at [email protected].

Your correct, the more of us that complain, the better this radio will get! I plan on sending a request once a week until these features get added/addressed....:cool:

Maybe we can convince them to upgrade the unit. This is a little different than the dual watch that did not work at all after they advertised that it did.... I think most people sending the radio back caused a quick response to that one! These are really feature request for the existing product. Who knows, maybe they will listen to their customers.

Everyone please send the request!!!!!! Even if you never plan to use one of these, help us out and send one anyway :p

Back