What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wyoming RV-12

vickytori

Is there anyone in the state or area of Wyoming that has a RV 12? I'm in the northwestern area.

Vicky
N899VL
EAA 713

Last edited:
Rocky Mtn Metro BJC

I am in the neighborhood to the south. I flew my 12 into Cheyenne a month ago but their regular high winds keep me away most of the time.

If this helps feel free to contact me.

I was just wondering if others have experienced the high density altitude as ex have here. Cody's elevation is 5,120' and in the summertime it gets a little tough to have enough power. Then in the winter time we experience the higher winds which cut down the flying season.

The Wyoming winds! That's why people from Wyoming have one leg that is shorter than the other...from continually leaning into the wind during cross-wind walkings!

As far as high-altitude performance...we were at full gross weight in hot weather taking of from a few high-plains airports in NM last summer...density altitudes in the 9k+ range. The takeoff run was close to 2000 ft instead of the regular 500-ish. Not nearly as painful as a similar takeoff in a Cessna 152, which took the better part of a 9000 ft runway.

Back