What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WX-1000 Install manual needed in Brazil

Jason Miller

I'm New Here
I am currently trying to find an install manual for a L3 WX-1000 stormscope in a RV-9 here in Brazil. Having alraedy installed a WX-500 in another RV-10 after finding the manual on the internet I thought it would be just as easy to find the manual for the WX-1000 but so far no luck. Anyboby that might have one just lying around could you please help me out or if anybody knows where I might be able to find one that would be helpful too. I also think that it would be really helpful if maybe there was a forum for just manuals since companies like to sell us certified equipment but not inclued manuals. Just a thought. Thanks in advanced I know you guys will come through.

WX500 SLAVE DISPLAY OR MFD INTEGRATION

Hi folks;

I'm building a RV7A with a G3X GDU 460 touch.

I plan to install also a WX-500 Stormscope.

I believe there isn't yet support to integrate WX-500 with the G3X touch.

I think GTN 750 / 650 are both too much expensive to be mostly used as interface for the stormscope.

So I am looking for alternative solutions and suggestions.

Is there any cost effective solution from Garmin or other for interfacing with WX500 ?

Another thing... Does anyone knows a nice - color slave display - for WX500

If so please provide display's names or links for princing info...

Many thanks in advance.

The KMD150 supports a WX500 input, I happen to have one for sale for the ridiculously low price of $695! This is likely the cheapest display you will find.

Other listed display options:

WX-500 Display Options
##Garmin G1000, G900, GNS400/500 Series, GMX-200
##Chelton (Cobham) Flight Systems FlightLogic Synthetic Vision EFIS
##Sandel ST3400, 3500, 4500
##Aspen Avionics Evolution Series
##Bendix King KMD850/550
##Avidyne FlightMax, Entegra, EX500/600, EX5000, MHD300, Alliant
##Select Radar Indicators (most Radar Indicators using the RGC-350)
##Apollo MX-20, UPSAT MX-20, Goodrich i-linc
##OP Technologies
##Moving Map MFD

Hello Walt Aronow,

I just heard from a Garmin guy here in the forum that the G3X has a new update release.

And in that software WX500 integration is possible!

Thanks anyway. Was great news indeed!

Back