What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB Plane Power 60A Alternator

CamTom12

Mine stopped charging my battery tonight. Current model # is 99-1012, but I think AL12-EI60 works as well.

It’s outputting but low voltage so I think it’s the probably the regulator but it’s internally regulated so I didn’t think that was user replaceable.

It’s outputting but low voltage so I think it’s the probably the regulator but it’s internally regulated so I didn’t think that was user replaceable.
We have a starter/alternator/electric motor repair shop in town that fixes/replaces things like that. Any chance you have a place like that where you live?
Just a thought.

Zach

The regulator/brush/crowbar assembly is a replaceable unit. You want to order this, which is a lot cheaper than a new alternator:

- mark

CamTom12

If you fell like doing some project and get ride of the internal regulator, there was a good article in Kitplanes on how to do just that..

https://www.kitplanes.com/alternator-mods-without-major-surgery/

Enjoy

Bruno
Mine stopped charging my battery tonight. Current model # is 99-1012, but I think AL12-EI60 works as well.

Watch this video

I have had two plane power alternators I was able to repair and they are doing fine. Both of them had burned out diodes in the bridge rectifier. The rectifier and the voltage regulator are fairly easy to replace, depending on which one caused the failure. Repairing is very economical compared to buying a new alternator from Hartzell.
Regulator I got on EBay, bridge rectifier I got on alternatorparts.com
The part number for the bridge rectifier is INR724
The part number for the regulator is IN257230-52079.
Both parts total less than 100.00 dollars.

Back