What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB Brother heatshrink label maker

auburnaviator

Well Known Member
Getting ready to start wiring and am looking to buy a label maker. Just wanted to check here first and see if someone has one of the nicer quality ones laying around they want to get rid of before I spend the money on a new one.

Thanks,
Zach

I have a Dymo Rhino 4200 I can sell you at a good price. I comes with 11 cartridges, some partially used - 7 heat shrink cartridges, 4 plain label cartridges, some colors. See pic. $70 plus shipping.

Attachments

• 715AEDE7-5BA3-4BD3-A10B-888364643466.jpeg
    715AEDE7-5BA3-4BD3-A10B-888364643466.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: 9GT
As an affordable alternative you can create and print your desired text onto paper using your printer at home then cut and slide the label under clear heatshrink. You end up with a professional looking label that's just as durable. That way you don't need to invest in any additional tooling which might become redundant once the job has been completed. EDIT: - Scott must have posted as I was writing this and you have to admit that his offer above is too good to ignore. That's great value.

With my wiring I use the same convention all the time - the label states where the wire is coming from and going to, not just the purpose. So for example instead of just putting "+Ve" or "NAV LT +Ve" I might put "NAV LT - SW" and place the label on the wire such that the "SW" part of the label is facing in the direction of the switch so if you're tracing the wire in ten years time you know which direction to follow it to the switch.

There are many ways to skin a cat, but however you chose to do it just be consistent.

Good luck. The wiring can be quite a satisfying job.

Last edited:
I have a Dymo Rhino 4200 I can sell you at a good price. I comes with 11 cartridges, some partially used - 7 heat shrink cartridges, 4 plane label cartridges, some colors. See pic. $70 plus shipping.
If Zach doesn’t take it, I will. I’m just not going to poo poo on his post unless he’s out.

I have an inexpensive Brother P-Touch label maker. I always thought it was incapable of printing on shrink tubing, as Brother does not list it for use with the heat shrink cartridges. However, after doing a bit of searching around, I found shrink tube cartridges that are in the P-touch form factor. I thought why not give it a try, and orders a cartridge. Well, it works great. I can print one or two lines. So, save yourself some $$, and pick up one of the inexpensive P-Touch labelers, and then buy the heat shrink cartridges for that form factor. I have a PT-1880, and the below cartridges work just fine.

Absonic 3-Pack Compatible Heat Shrink Label Tape Replacement for Brother Hse221 Hse-221 P Touch Heat Shrink Tube 8.8mm Black on White Label Maker Tape for PT-E300 PT-E500 PT-E550W P750WVP PT-E800W

Last edited:
I have a Dymo Rhino 4200 I can sell you at a good price. I comes with 11 cartridges, some partially used - 7 heat shrink cartridges, 4 plain label cartridges, some colors. See pic. $70 plus shipping.
This is the same one I bought and used wiring up my -9A. Its a really nice unit and the shrink tube cartridges are very reasonably priced over on Amazon.

I have this same label maker. I also buy aftermarket heat shrink tubing cartridges from Amazon. I highly recommend this label maker. Nice to get the optional rechargable battery and charger for this unit.

Back