What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB: Assortment of Hardware

txaviator

Well Known Member
Do any of our sponsors on the site (hardware vendors) sell an assorted kit of AN hardware? I'd like to buy a set of assorted washers, bolts and nuts, just to have on-hand in case I ever run short on something.

Wasn't too sure which section to post this in, so hopefully someone sees it here and can offer suggestions?

Thanks-

Hardware package

Wicks sells a kit which has a fair selection of nuts/bolts/washers.

I found it was easy enough to simply buy a wide variety of bolts/nuts/washers from Vans.

Almost everytime I have an order with Vans/ACS I add some hardware bits and pieces. Really handy to have stuff on hand and pretty cheap

Kai

Wow, Tom! A mind-boggling assortment of options. Exactly what I was looking for! Let me figure out which package best suits my needs, and I will be ordering soon. Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Thanks

Most of them are in stock, we sell about $100,000 or more each year!

It's good for everyone, Instant organization :)

We can make custom kits also, this takes a little more time;)

Last edited:
If you don't have a small stockpile of assorted fasteners, you will wish you had at many points in the build. Van's gives you a "trim bundle" of aluminum with the tail kit, which can be used for lots of additional things. I wish they would provide a bag of assorted nuts/bolts/washers in the same sort of fashion.
Van's seems pretty stingy with the hardware and pull rivets in the various packages they put in the kits. If they don't sell something like this prepackaged, then they should consider offering it.

I did as others suggested and bought a wide assortment of just about every AN3 and AN4 bolt sizes, along with extra nuts, platenuts, washers and screws. Makes it real easy to make little improvements or customizations in the build when you have immediate access to the correct hardware. Also less stress when you drop that washer on the floor and it disappears to the dark far corners of your shop!

Back