What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wow!

MedFlightDoc

As I've posted on occasion in the past, I had bought an RV-3A, N154AB about 6 weeks ago, but was very rusty on my taildragger skills. I had to knock off that rust and build up a little time, which I mostly did in a Citabria and Cub.

Well, things had gone reasonable well, our winds in Wisconsin had died down to something less then gale force for once so I decided to fire it up and go fly...

WOW!

What an experience! Now I can see what people mean about the RV's in general and the -3 in particular! Even though mine is a -3A with only a starter and battery, O-290, and handheld, it is quite a machine. It even tolerated my landings...

Can't wait to go up again.

Ryan in Madison

As some say in London, "Give it some Welly". Which means basically "Go for it".

Well Done and keep the reports coming in,

The -3 is a fantastic flying airplane. I have heard it said more than one, it is the best flying of all the RV's. I can't say as I disagree.

RV-3A

Sounds as though you have found the fountain of youth! There was some talk not long ago about take off and landing distance for the RV-3. I have a video on youtube you can search, its titled "Columbia Gorge RV-3A" Taking off and landing at KTTD Troutdale Oregon. The TO and landing both were done between B-7 and B-6 on 25. It looks pretty close to 300 feet to me! Have fun!
Ed Hawkins
N272DR

Back