What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring runs

ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
Has anyone opened up the tooling holes present in the lowed corners of the baggage area bulkhead / baggage floor ribs for wiring? I'm considering opening up these holes from 3/16" to 3/8" and dropping some snap bushings in to run wires through.

Not really a fan of TLAR engineering, but opening up these holes in the baggage floor ribs wouldn't seem to be problematic since they are roughly (haven't measured yet) centered vertically and fairly close to the rear of the rib.

I'd prefer to simply use the single passage directly into the tunnel, per plans, but I can't get two strobe wires, an RG400 run, the ELT remote switch, the Dynon DSAB stuff, power to the rear nav light, and the electric trim wires through all at the same time.

Yes, it's been done. I've got wire runs over both steps under the baggage floor that go from the baggage bulkhead where you mention and continue forward near the side skins, going just over the wing spar. I also have a run a little more inboard that runs from the baggage area where the autopilot brain is forward to the roll servo under the seat pan. Just don't go through a spar and use conduit to make it easier to feed wire and avoid chafing on the step tubes if you route that way.

Back