What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring runs through the F-1004C&D

Bob Brown

Well Known Member
I'm running wiring hither and yon in my RV-10, called Van's Tech Support line today to ask whether or not I could drill another hole to install a snap bushing (like maybe 5/8" or 3/4" through the F-1004C&D Center Section Bulkheads...the answer? "Well, drill them if you want, we don't have any test data on that, so you're on your own". Perfect, thanks a bunch for that.

So has everyone managed to fit all wiring through the 4 holes provided in the tops of the F-1004C&D's or have you put in more holes for snap bushings? I recognize this is a central structural point, but I also realize that most of these thick (.063") pieces of channel would probably be just as strong with another 5/8" hole drilled in the center of the 2" wide channel.

What say the experts??

For what it is worth. I got all the wires through the 4 holes. It caused a reroute of a couple from the pilot to the copilots side, but they are all in. I have just finished the final wiring and can still fit a couple more on the copilots side if needed.

Eric Gohr
N410EG
The final list prior to moving to the airport.

We actually ran some down the middle on top of the tunnel after the fuel selector valve and made a cover for them running all the way to the rear of the plane.

Back