What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring NAV/Strobe Functionality Correction

Slane

Well Known Member
Patron
In february van's put this notification out re Nav/Strobe wiring. The notification calls for swapping wires as the fix. My left wing Nav/Strobe works as it should. The right wing Nav/Strobe acts like what is described in Van's notification. It doesn't seem like swapping wires at the control module would be the fix in my situation if the left wing works but not the right. I'll do more diagnostics friday, but am wondering if I swapped the Nav/Strobe wires at the wing root connection, would that have a downside?

Thanks for replies.

Slane

Synopsis: Wires between the switch module and the control module for NAV and STROBE are swapped. The NAV only position of the NAV/STROBE switch is activating the strobe lights only and not the nav lights without the strobe.

That's how I corrected the problem by changing at the wing. I have installed two landing lights so once my installation was complete I discovered the problem and thought it was my mistake. So I just did what was necessary at the wing ends to make everything line up the switch.

Cheers

Julian 120316

Back