What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring GRT EFIS to 430W

UH1CW2

Well Known Member
I need some help with pin outs. I want to wire my 430W to a new GRT Horizon10.1 EFIS. I know I need to go through the ARINC module. That is where the issue is. Can someone provide me with the correct wiring to the ARINC module from the 430W.

I want the Vertical autopilot approach and the ILS to display on my EFIS. What pins from the 430W need to go to What pins on the GRT ARIC module? If anyone has a schematic that they used, please forward it to me. Thanks

Email: [email protected]
Phil

I need some help with pin outs. I want to wire my 430W to a new GRT Horizon10.1 EFIS. I know I need to go through the ARINC module. That is where the issue is. Can someone provide me with the correct wiring to the ARINC module from the 430W.

I want the Vertical autopilot approach and the ILS to display on my EFIS. What pins from the 430W need to go to What pins on the GRT ARIC module? If anyone has a schematic that they used, please forward it to me. Thanks

Email: [email protected]
Phil

Phil,
Check your email

Here’s what you do:
1. Go to the GRT web page, ‘products’, ‘Hx’, select ‘wiring diagram to 430W’. Look at the diagram. The connections to the 430W are correct, make note of the pin numbers, settings, etc. for both the arinc and rs232 connections. The connections to the Hx may differ from the 10.1, in particular the 10.1 does not have built in arinc. But make a note of what the connections to the Hx are labeled (Arinc in 1A, Rs232-in, etc.).
2. Go to ‘grt products’, ‘accessories’, ‘external arinc’. Note the pin numbers that correspond to the functions you just wrote down (‘arinc in 1A’, etc.). I think you can use any RS232-in port, just set the baud rate and format to the same as specified for the Hx.
3. The Hx diagram is for an external autopilot. If you’re using the GRT servos driven by the 10.1 you won’t need some of those connections, as you’ll have no means of driving the autopilot without going thru the efis.

Thanks guys

I appreciate all the feedback. Thank you. I believe the issue has been resolved by your responses.

Back