What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring done...first power up

Phantom30

Well Known Member
Today, another mile stone. Finished wiring (yippy skippy) hooked up battery ground and turned on master. Of course electric fuel pump for a second (pulled fuze)....but no arc and spark!!!! Screens lit up (dimmer switch works) and radio/intercom works. Good day!

One question for those that have already done this...when I turned on the Bose noise reduction circuit on my earphones I couldn't hear the radio any longer. Turn off noise reduction and can hear radio. Any ideas?

Is the Intercom powered on?

I turned the radio on..could hear local airport traffic calls..pushed the "talk key" and saw radio tx flash...but did I turn on intercom. Don't know..thought it would be on when I turned on radio...GTR 200.

I turned the radio on..could hear local airport traffic calls..pushed the "talk key" and saw radio tx flash...but did I turn on intercom. Don't know..thought it would be on when I turned on radio...GTR 200.

Hello Ric,

If you turn on the GTR 200 by holding IN on the right knobs and turning the PWR/VOL knob, the unit will enter setup mode.

Select AUDIO SETUP from the list, and verify that the INTERCOM ENABLED selection is set to YES.

You are going to enjoy your GTR 200. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Ric,

If you turn on the GTR 200 by holding IN on the right knobs and turning the PWR/VOL knob, the unit will enter setup mode.

Select AUDIO SETUP from the list, and verify that the INTERCOM ENABLED selection is set to YES.

You are going to enjoy your GTR 200. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

It works....really cool.

Now to figure out how to get the G3X to find and set up GPS and transponder???

Pictures?

Ric,

Do you have any behind the panel wiring pictures you could post?

I started a G3X thread and I think I will turn it into a "build thread" and start posting progress notes and some photos of my panel upgrade.

Ric,

I started a G3X thread and I think I will turn it into a "build thread" and start posting progress notes and some photos of my panel upgrade.

Jim...I have photos, only do not know how to post here. Would e-mail you....if you want.

Last edited:
Ric,

Will give it a try http://i58.tinypic.com/212btzc.jpg[/img]

212btzc.jpg

Back