What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring Diagram for P-mags, ACS iginition switch

apkp777

Well Known Member
Hey all,

I am wiring my master switch (Cessna style split rocker) ignition switch (ACS w/starter)and dual P-Mags.

Help me make sure I am planning this correctly. P-mags should directly replace the traditional mags with a few exceptions. I haven't found a diagram for my exact installation and want to make sure that I get this right.

The difference would be:

No breaker (7amp) between main buss and the ACS switch.
P-Mags will each get a power supply with inline 5amp breaker and "test" switch (SPST).

The main question is do I in fact ditch the 7amp breaker to the ACS switch as I can't see that it serves any function in this setup.

Anyone have a diagram they are willing to share with a similar installation?

Tony,

While not exactly what you are looking for, here is how I wired mine:

To do the pre-flight check, here is I do:

Keep in mind, this is for my 113 series P-mags. With the 114's I might run mine a different way. The reason is the 113's run off of ship's power all the time, unless it is not available (say, during an electrical failure). The 114's automatically switch from ship's power to self power as soon as they produce enough electricity, typically above 800 rpm +/-. This means you can test ship's power vs. internal power by simply shutting down the left P-mag and varying the throttle, then turn on the left P-mag and flipping the right one off and again varying the throttle. - A little simpler.

Also, the above diagram was not recommended by Emag due to some early problems they thought it caused. They seem to have fixed the problem.

Thanks Bill,
Your are using 2 separate ignition switches rather than the single "keyed" style. A little different setup than mine.

I had already looked over your diagrams prior to my post.

I just figured out the 7amp breaker question (duh!). I was so focused on the P-mag installation, I forgot that power is required through the switch to the starter solenoid.

Still would be helpful if anyone had a diagram for a ACS/Cessna Split Rocker/P-mag installation.

Back