What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wire Route

tomcostanza

Well Known Member
Hi everyone. How are you getting wire/antenna cable from the wing root, rear of the plane, or the floor, to the switch panel, and avionics stack?

Routing

I'm using the fuel line tunnel. All electrical wiring runs up the right side of the tunnel. Antenna coax is run up the left side of the tunnel. Three antenna wires are separated by about 1". Don't know if the separation accomplishes anything.

I'm using the fuel line tunnel. All electrical wiring runs up the right side of the tunnel. Antenna coax is run up the left side of the tunnel. Three antenna wires are separated by about 1". Don't know if the separation accomplishes anything.
Same here. Check out this picture.

Those zip-tie pads had their sticky pad removed and are glued in place with Goop Automotive Trim Adhesive.

Later on, I realized that I needed more pads to keep the wires from rubbing on the floor. I recommend you space them about every 4" or so.

Make sure you have the zip-tie in the pad before you glue it in place. That will allow you to move the zip-tie, after the glue has hardened/set.

Back