What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wings flaperon install RV-12

dick seiders

Well Known Member
Just rec'd finish kit and the first page of plans calls for installation of wings'flaperons. Mighty problamatic for a 12 being constructed in a 31x21 garage. Read the posts and either no one else has the problem (very doubtful) or are just not talking about it. Has anyone asked Van's folks if there is a problem doing this step last? Seems to me if the wings are easily installed and removed it shouldn't be an issue, but am asking all you fin kit guys who may have already addressed the question. Thanks
Dick Seiders

Same problem here. Garage is too small to install both wings. I bypassed those steps, and have bypassed drilling the flaperon torque tubes (& push rods step). That step also requires installation of the wings. I see no problem in performing the steps later.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm waiting for the engine kit so I don't have to worry about balance. No need to mount the wings until after the engine is installed. Pretty tough to fly without an engine.

Last edited:
Back