What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Walk design/shape ?

petersb

Well Known Member
I have 12 inch wide material which overhangs the reinforced walk area by 3 inches.

I noted on my RV6, although people stood on the walk material their shoes would scratch the adjoining paint, so I am thinking of using the full 12 inches and hope no one will stand on the very edge, ie: non reinforced area, and therefore protect the paint.

Same applies to the flap end, stop at the rear spar or go to the edge of the skin ?

Anyone done this, problems ?

The next question is more asthetics, stop the front edge where the wing fairings angles out ( about 2 inches aft of the main spar ) or trim the corner of walk material and go right to the spar.

Peter

If there's non-skid, people will regard it as safe to walk on.

Hope or even direct requests won't work. People hardly ever notice where they put their feet.

Dave

I've got to agree with Dave. I just got home from a 5 day CAF airshow where my airplane was on display. People will consider any wingwalk covering as safe to step on.
If they "extend 1 inch" beyond the old non-skid, they will "extend 1 inch" beyond the new non-skid.

How about black wingwalk material on the reinforced area and some of this clear wingwalk tape on another few inches of skin?[/QUOTE
Yes, think I will do that. I will apply some paint protection tape from flyboyaccessories.com for the small section between the rear spar and the flaps.

Used it on the flaps looks great and doesn't yellow. Not sure if they will ship such a small amount to Canada

Plane is weight and balance away from final inspection

Peter

Last edited:
Back