What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Stand Spacing

Stalldog

Well Known Member
I'm ready to set the vertical posts for my wing stands, but I've read where some have had to adjust the spacing to allow for the skins to fit.

If I set the posts at the 114" shown on drawing 12A, is that adequate spacing to build the wings without having to move anything?

Also, the outboard detail is a bit confusing as to how the bracket attaches to the main and rear spars. Can anyone help me understand how that works?

114" ID is the winning number, although if you went a little wider you could just use a larger angle. If you have any questions PM me.
Have fun with the wings.

[/IMG]
DSCN1509.JPG

DSCN1510.JPG

DSCN1511.JPG

Last edited:
Jim,

The plans say approximately 114". Well mine are as close to 114" as I could get them. Make sure that you realize that this is the inside dimension. I measured from the outside of my upper support angles by hooking my tape over the angle. I had to do a little customizing :D to my support angles to make clearance for the skins. The skins overhang the outboard rib so you need to allow for that overhang. On the inboard side the spar extends in from the inboard rib so there is plenty of support surface if your wing stands are slightly farther apart.

Back