What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing stand dimensions/drawings?

rmartingt

Well Known Member
My wing kit is on order but will not be arriving for another 5-6 weeks. Since the empennage I purchased was essentially complete, I don't really have any work to do until the wings arrive. So, I'd like to go ahead and get started on wing stands so they'll be in place. Does anyone have drawings/requirements for these stands available?

Wing stands

I don't have a drawing or dimension, but my wing fixtures were built at a height which allowed hanging the flaps and ailerons on the stand. I can't remember whether this was based upon a dimension provided in the documents or just dumb luck. Either way, it worked out great.

IMG_1944_zps6191e78b.jpg

Hi there

Drawing 12A, wing miscellaneous provides the details of the wing stand, cradle and aileron alignment tool

Cheers

Thanks, that helps somewhat, but I also need the separation between the stands. The reason I ask is that I don't yet have the drawing from Van's and the empennage I purchased didn't come with preview plans (they went to the guy who bought the wings), so I tacked a set onto my wing order. But I don't have those yet either. The only prints I have are the ones for the empennage.

OK the plans say;

4x4 wood post anchored floor to ceiling, distance between posts inside edge to inside edge is 114 inches.

What is your email address I can send you the page as an attachment

Cheers

Last edited:
Back