What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing spar bolt torque values

chris mitchell

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm searching the instructions and drawings for the correct values for the 1/4" and 7/16" bolts. Presumably I should use the values given on page 5-13 of my instruction book (dated 12/8/05)? The table gives 50-70 inch pounds for the 1/4" aqnd 450-500 inch pounds for the 7/16"?? I have looked through the drawings and instructions but cannot see a referne to any other values. Am I right or have I missed something obvious...?

Thanks

Chris

I'm searching the instructions and drawings for the correct values for the 1/4" and 7/16" bolts. Presumably I should use the values given on page 5-13 of my instruction book (dated 12/8/05)? The table gives 50-70 inch pounds for the 1/4" aqnd 450-500 inch pounds for the 7/16"?? I have looked through the drawings and instructions but cannot see a referne to any other values. Am I right or have I missed something obvious...?

Thanks

Chris

NAS1307-50 Close tolerance bolts are 7/16" in diameter. With AN365 nut they get torqued to 520-630 in-lbs.

NAS1304-50 close tolerance bolts are 1/4" in diameter. With AN365 nut they get torqued to 80-100 in-lbs.

Source is A&P Technician General Textbook, section 8, figure 8-39.

The values you quoted above are for normal AN bolts, not NAS close tolerance bolts.

Steve
RV7A

I do know this!

Thread bump...surely someone knows this...

I am at work so I don't have the #'s if front of me.

The torque for a shear application is significantly less than a tension application.;)

Back