What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing rotisserie for painting

Maxrate

Well Known Member
Patron
I’ve seen it in the past, but can’t seem to locate it. Is there anyone out there with pictures of a rotating wing stand made with PVC pipe going all the way through the center of the wing to rotate that has pictures to post. Thanks

Wing rotisserie

I’ve seen it in the past, but can’t seem to locate it. Is there anyone out there with pictures of a rotating wing stand made with PVC pipe going all the way through the center of the wing to rotate that has pictures to post. Thanks

There's a a photo on my blog but it doesn't show the jig. It's pretty simple.
10'X4' PVC pipe. 2'X4'X12'. Two strong saw horses. Slip the board in the pipe. Slip the pipe in the wing. Give a friend a few beers to help move the wing. The board rests on the saw horses. You can rig something to hold position if you want.
I used it to Alodine the exterior skins.

A really good wing holder is the fuselage. It holds the wing at a good height and from just one end.

Thanks Larry, I couldn’t remember how it all went together. Brilliant! I’m about to prime the exterior. Thanks…..

Back