What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing root trim question

rjarrell

Can someone direct me to where the best place to find a wing root fairing trim strip (?). Just having my RV-10 painted and need to clean that up and a good door seal. Any ideas will help, thanks in advance.

This is what I used:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#8507k11/=xhbe2b

I did have to trim the wing gap cover a bit more to fit these, but it's simple to do, using the fuse side skin as a template. I'm just pinching the lower piece of the molding between the gap cover and the attach angle, but it doesn't look out of place. The trim is pretty small and thin. I've got it running in a continuous piece from underneath the upper gear fairings, around the front of the wing, and back to the aft edge of the upper wing skins, just in front of the flaps.

I agree that none is needed, but I personally felt it looks a bit cleaner with a nice finished joint.

I used the same materiel that from VAN's that is used under the horizontal stabilizer. If you do that you will have to trim the wing root skin away from the fuselage enough so that the rubber strip can fit.

I used the same materiel that from VAN's that is used under the horizontal stabilizer. If you do that you will have to trim the wing root skin away from the fuselage enough so that the rubber strip can fit.

This is what I was looking for drawings show F-1094C-L for part number. I think I found something close at Spruce. Didn't even think about having to trim it, I appreciate all the help.

This is what I used:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#8507k11/=xhbe2b

I did have to trim the wing gap cover a bit more to fit these, but it's simple to do, using the fuse side skin as a template. I'm just pinching the lower piece of the molding between the gap cover and the attach angle, but it doesn't look out of place. The trim is pretty small and thin. I've got it running in a continuous piece from underneath the upper gear fairings, around the front of the wing, and back to the aft edge of the upper wing skins, just in front of the flaps.

I agree that none is needed, but I personally felt it looks a bit cleaner with a nice finished joint.

That sounds like what I'm looking for, if you get a chance I'd love to see a pic. Thanks Ed

That sounds like what I'm looking for, if you get a chance I'd love to see a pic. Thanks Ed

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/doorseals4.php

I should know better than to ask a two part question (I'm married). The McMaster Carr catalog has numerous door seal choices. Does anyone know a really good one (door seal) that they can recommend size and type? I picked up the seal above for the wing root fairing to fuselage gap which is the same as the HS seal on the bottom. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
None

I'm with Mike on this one...not needed. Mine fits snug up against the fuselage and really looks clean...lower drag, probably.

Best,

Back