What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Root Gascalator example / photos

zkvii

Well Known Member
Hi,

I have the Andair 375 gascolators and a range of connection options. I couldn't get a tight enough bend on the original fuel line as it comes out of the fuselage and the remaining 'straight' material is too small for a flare / nut.

What I'm after is examples on how people have done wing root gascalators / photos before I waste more tubing / grey hair.

Thanks Carl

PS: the decision for wing root gascalator has been made (for me - so please can we not re-hash the pros / cons) AND I'm really frustrated that the all the time bending fuel lines through the gear weldments is now scrap (again)) - not a good day.....

I'm not building a -7, so I'm not really clear on the amount of space, but what about flexible lines of some sort in that area? Is that an option?

Thomas

Flexible lines are a last option - not sure on physical size of -6 stainless outer lines - would reuire drilling / openning of Snapbush mounting (and all the wires are in....)

Physical space - about 5" between skin and wing / tank plate - same as -8.

Carl

zkvii said:
Hi,

I have the Andair 375 gascolators and a range of connection options. I couldn't get a tight enough bend on the original fuel line as it comes out of the fuselage and the remaining 'straight' material is too small for a flare / nut.

What I'm after is examples on how people have done wing root gascalators / photos before I waste more tubing / grey hair.

Thanks Carl

PS: the decision for wing root gascalator has been made (for me - so please can we not re-hash the pros / cons) AND I'm really frustrated that the all the time bending fuel lines through the gear weldments is now scrap (again)) - not a good day.....
Don't despair ... it has been done and is not too hard. I do not have pix at the moment but will try to remember to get the camera out to the airport and get a shot.

James

Back