What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Rib attachment

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
From page 15-04 through the rest of the wing rib attachment pages the plans consistently call for attaching W-1208-R nose ribs to the 1206-L spar and 1206-L ribs to the right spar. Since it's consistent through several pages I assume that's what Van's means but????

That the way everyone did it?

Thanks

Wayne, 241 N143WM

Wayne,

The left and right designations on the ribs do not mean those ribs go on the left or right wing. Had me confused for a while too. Just follow the instructions.

John

Wayne... As I recollect, some of the nose ribs may have flanges pointing inboard, others may have the flange pointing outboard, thus left and right ribs may be used on any given spar. If you look at the holes in the spar, they often line up with the holes in the ribs for attaching the skins.

Jeffs

Becareful cutting the wing rib flanges off. They come in two bundles, but are intermingled togeather so they nest togeather for shipping. Seperate them by part numbers.

Thanks guys

Got 'em separated, fluted, and trimmed -- now just have to get right ones on left spar, etc...

thanks again

Wayne

Back