What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Moving Success

Gandalf

Well Known Member
I was a bit anxious about moving the wings to the airport, but the move went well this AM. I secured the wings to the wing stand and then secured the wing stand to the trailer. Luck was with us as the spars passed through the stake sides of the trailer.

Here is a picture of the wings on a wing stand on a trailer.

wingSideSmall.jpg

Wings and tail cone are done. On to the fuselage!

Us too!

We moved the wings this last week as well although not quite as far. We needed to make room in the garage for the fuselage kit that is due to ship the first week in April.

photo.JPG

Last edited:
LOL. I am not so sure my wife would go for that storage option. Although she does tolerate parking her car outside so that I can use both garage bays.

JAL

Mauritz... I did not keep track of hours on the wings.

We moved the wings this last week as well although not quite as far. We needed to make room in the garage for the fuselage kit that is due to ship the first week in April.

photo.JPG

Thanks Mauritz and Jeff.

The wings have taken right around 210 hours but I still need to do the flaperons and a little more work on the wingtip lights. I am not worrying too much about trying to finish the lights as I don't want to rivet them on until I pull the extra wires that it sounds like Skyview requires.

Having them in the family room is certainly a conversation piece and once my dog gets used to hearing them resonate when she barks, all will be well. My wife and I both like the look. Perhaps it will be a new trend in interior decorating to give a room a bit of "lift". :D

Back