What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing bolts: Anyone remember the length

Steve A

Well Known Member
I think I misplaced the four smaller bolts that go into the spar to hold the wings on. There are the 4 size that go into the nut plates on the engine side of the spar. Are they 20's or what. Also anyone know where in the plans these bolts are shown. I did not find them in the plans after a quick search.
Thanks

Steve Anderson
RV 7A H-6
Finishing in Hangar,
Lafayette, La.

Walter, he means the short ones that are inserted into the spares from the rear, into the nut plates in the front of the wing spares. These are AN4's, but I no longer have the plans, so I can't look them up. They are about 1 1/2 to 2" long. I think they are on a different plan sheet from the other wing bolt callout.

There was a thread on this where someone forgot these bolts. I couldn't remember putting them in, so I removed the floor plates to check and, sure enough, I had put them in.

Roberta

Last edited:
Whoops, I should read the thread thoroughly before replying :)
Of course you are right.

Those are AN4-13A bolts, same plan page.

Wing bolts: Anyone remember the lenght?

Walter, Roberta,
Thanks, apparently I did not explain myself very well but Roberta understood
I meant the short bolts that go in from the back.

Roberta, since you are planeless, come on down the river to Louisiana and you can fly mine when I finish, hopefully in a few weeks.

The Cajuns have a old expression, when you get the "envy" to fly.
It is pronounced "on-vee" and means the hankering or desire to do something.
Since the paint job is similar, you might be right at home.

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hangarapril10081gz6.jpg

Steve Anderson
RV 7A Finishing (or I should say assembling)
Lafayette, La.

That's a very tempting offer. If I could get away, I'd take you up on it. Good luck on the phase one. And beyond.

Roberta

Back