What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Winchester Breakfast Flyin (KBGF) Great Day!

Winchester

Brian, sorry I missed seeing you although I did see your airplane. Winchester is always a good breakfast even getting a bit to busy in the pattern at times. You have to arrive well before 8AM to get a parking spot up front where the RV's seem to receive priority.
My RV is the blue tail -8 in one of your photos. Look me up next time you see it on the ramp.

Winchester (KBGF) Breakfast

Sorry I missed you Brian. Excellent photos. Several of your photos show RV's built by guys from Decatur and Huntsville...Sam Buchanan, David Edgemon, Bob Butler, and some others who will remain nameless. ;) Randy Hooper we claim also, even though he lives up near Nashville!

I agree with you about the weather; I was expecting severe clear after the haze burned off. Didn't happen. I was in my '69 172 and it was a memorable day for me as it was my first cross-country as PIC after getting my special issuance Class III from the FAA this week due to my heart surgery last year. :D:D:D

Hope to see you again at Winchester. The EAA chapter and the local band boosters have been serving a top notch breakfast for over 20 years...every 1st Saturday.

Last edited:
Here are a few pics my wife and I took while our flight of three from KMOR visited Winchester, TN in search of pancakes!!!

Weather was a challenge and I hope all that came and went found their destination safely!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/brantel9986/WinchesterBreakfastFlyin#

Furthest trip so far for N159SB!!!

Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat, maybe next time!

Weather turning funky on you is part of having a plane that is capable of gobbling up miles with ease, sometimes we outrun the forecast. Glad you made it home safely and hope your copilot wasn't spooked. :)

Be sure you make it to Moontown's breakfast on the 3rd Saturday (3M5), that place is like a time warp back to 1956 and is usually populated by a bunch of RVs and random unusual aircraft.

Funny...

This is so funny, it's a worldwide internet group and you all are chatting about the Winchester breakfast, which might as well be in my back yard!

The Oct. 2008 Winchester breakfast was my "first date" with Ben, my significant other... now because of him, I'm building an RV-3 in the garage! :D Aviation is wonderful.

Back