What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wilson hangar doors

brian

Well Known Member
I just got off the phone with Wilson's support for an issue I had with my hangar door, and I thought I'd pass on my impressions of their support.

I've called them half a dozen times since I built my hangar (Morton with Wilson bifold door) back in 2007. Every time, it's the same - a real person immediately answers the phone. I get immediately transferred to tech support, where I immediately talk to a person who completely knows his stuff and provides me with quick and excellent advice on what to do. Question or problem immediately solved. Ya just can't get better than that! The door is an excellent door, their support is outstanding, and I'd highly recommend them for a hangar door.

BI-Fold Hangar Door

We have a Schweiss 42' X 14' Door.
Other than an installation question it has given 100% reliable service, for the last 7 years.
No calls needed to customer service.

I did not mean to imply that the Wilson door is problematic. Most of my calls have been issues I've generated and related to things like maintenance, adjustments, accessories, etc. The point of my message was that their service has been great.

When I built my second hangar in 2003, I went with the Hi-Fold door with the auto-latch. Hasn't given me a single problem. If I had to do it again, I would go the same route.

Small claims court? Can't hurt to try. I certainly would. If they are honoring warranty then they have tied themselves to the name....
What they did was perfectly legal, maybe not the right thing to do in my mind, but I am not going to go down that path. I will accept the loss.

Taking the higher road, had new owners not stepped in, Wilson would be gone and nobody would be servicing anybody.

I still don't have to like Wilson and there are many very good less costly options out there. I should just totally let it go, but I think people need to know that the Wilson we all knew is no longer the same Wilson. That does not mean they won't or can't do a good job or make a good product. I simply do not know, nor will I be finding out anytime soon.

Back