What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Will an untouched canopy fit in a Volvo V70 ?

Pittsartist

Well Known Member
The thread title pretty much says it all.

I've a brand new untouched RV6 slider canopy shell to move, it's 250 miles away and I drive a 2006 Volvo V70 estate (station wagon).

The question is, will it fit ? (I'm kind of hoping that someone might have done this before.)

Failing this, does anyone know the dimensions of the canopy shell ?.

rv-7 canopy

I just measured my 7 fuselage for you and the dimensions were 66l 44w 18h.
Now keep in mind that these were actual widest point at longerons, from longeron to top of roll bar and from rear sheetmetal to sub panel in front.
Im sure the plexi is oversized for trimming although this might give you a good idea if you are in the ballpark.

I think it will fit

I picked up my canopy for my 6 and fitted it into the back of my Subaru Liberty wagon that I think is a bit smaller that the Volvo V70

The canopy sides will move in and out to fit inbetween the when arches.

I think your good to go..

thanks for the replies.

I've decided to try it next week. I suppose we will have the answer by next friday

I just cannot believe that the Volvo brochure does not contain this information - Never mind 0-60, top speed, mpg - this is essential to know !

Last edited:
thanks for the replies.

I've decided to try it next week. I suppose we will have the answer by next friday

I just cannot believe that the Volvo brochure does not contain this information - Never mind 0-60, top speed, mpg - this is essential to know !

My intro to Engineering instructor would have pointed out that the statement of the problem is the essence of finding an appropriate solution. That said, I think you've asked the wrong question. Other variations that might be used;
1) My cargo compartment is 56Lx22Hx44H (inches), will it fit around an uncut plexiglass canopy for an RV-xx?
2) What are the uncut dimensions of an RV-xx plexiglass canopy?
3) Will a heat gun or cut-off wheel be the most effective tool to make an uncut plexiglass canopy fit into the following 'box' dimensions and maintain the original usefulness of the plexiglass (while driving for 250 miles on a summer day in Arizona, or wherever?
4) How much does it cost to replace a plexiglass canopy for an RV-xx?
5) Does anyone have a pick-up truck I can borrow next Saturday?
And other intersting options?
:D
Good luck, and safe trip.

A 360 mile trip today and ..........

It fits :D:D:D

In one piece:D.

J-U-S-T (and I mean like, by, about 1/2" - the length is the issue):eek:

World saved .......... On to the next problem (building as fuz "trolley")

Back