What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wild Ideas

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I am planning an upgrade from the SL40 to the SL30 with the Skyview. Has anyone else done this? Comments?

I find conflicting information about the intercom when I upgrade. Should I use the old intercom, or go with the SL30 intercom?

I find conflicting information about the intercom when I upgrade. Should I use the old intercom, or go with the SL30 intercom?

SL-30 and SL-40 doesn't really have an intercom. It is technically just using the internal side tone amp., which doesn't work very well. That is why a separate intercom was used on the RV-12... some may think the performance is poor, but it is still better than what is in teh radios.

Thanks, that helps. Actually easier since I already have the Vans supplied one hooked up:D
SL-30 and SL-40 doesn't really have an intercom. It is technically just using the internal side tone amp., which doesn't work very well. That is why a separate intercom was used on the RV-12... some may think the performance is poor, but it is still better than what is in teh radios.

Back