What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wifes first flight

allbee

Well Known Member
Well it happened, my wife of 31 years got to go up in the RV for the first time last night. She was overjoyed. She absolutely loved it. She said it was like taking off in a 737. Lots of power and speed. All she could say was, It is so smooth. The density altitude was way high and so was the temp, around 80. She wasn't in any discomfort. I took here on a nice flight north about 40miles and back. She loved the turns, the stability. Oh and she loved the view out the tipup. Other than a bunch of bugs that hit the front of the windscreen, she loved looking out. Coming in to land, I warned her it would be different. I ran 160mph up to 2 miles out and than pulled power back, this gave here the ol' brake it baby. She actually liked that also, than we shot down to the runway and landed, no sqeak or bounce and than the nose. She was sold, she wants to go again. Big ol' smile on here face as we taxi'd to park, now she can see on that too, she loves it. A model.

Introducing Niece to Flying

Thanks for the story. I'm hoping to have a similar experience this summer. My niece has decided she wants to try a very short ride in the RV this year in addition to working on the 8 in the garage. I hope she takes to it like Doug's kids.

Thanks for posting this great report, Steve! My wife is waiting for her first ride as soon as I get this bird finished.

I took the wife on her third flight this morning, she got up at 5 am with me. Each time I take her up she wants to do more. This time she wanted to do a touch and go at the big airport, spokane international. They are tearing up the big runway with runway 7, 25 being the primary now. I came in and did a turn in at mid field for runway 7 with just a sqeak of room between runway 3 and the tower. I do this all the time. My wife loved it, she wants to do that again as well. She is getting her depth perception trained and now enjoys me running close to the mountain sides. Cool, that's the way I like to fly. I caught her watching the gauges and the GPS to see where we are and how fast I'm going. She was telling me today, lets go faster, than, lets go lower. I just smile and say OK.

Fly her on over to Townsend (8U8) on the 4th of July. Show her the speed and I'll buy breakfast...actually I'll be helping cook breakfast for 250+. Avgas special on Saturday $3.00(i think).

Back