What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which vent for Aerosport overhead and Panel

bpattonsoa

Well Known Member
Need to be thinking about putting in the overhead. Having a wonderful time doing the cabin sils for the McMaster Carr seal. Going to look and work great, but it sure is a lot of sanding dust!

What do people recommend for the overhead? Looks like Stein has two good vents, which is the best, or is there something else out there?

Also, I don't like the way Vans does the front vents, will incorporate them into the panel like in my -6A. I have the good Vans vents for my -6, what are there other good choices? Looks like at least 1 AMU no matter where I go.

I used the Aveo vents as they were a little less expensive than the Stein Air ones, just as well made and a little easier to install as the nut is easier to grab.

+1 for Stein

I have 6 of the Stein vents. They seal very well, not cheap, but very sturdy. I found I needed a little threadlock on the locking ring to keep it from loosening. Get the Aerosport Naca Valve controller too. The OH console will leak air if you don't have it. Not the Stein vents, just little leaks here and there at penetrations and the access panels. Bugs the heck out of my wife so I put in the vent controller. I swear she could make a career as an air leak detector.

I got the Aveo, a friend got the Stein. If I'd seen the Stein before I bought Aveo, I'd buy the Stein.

Back