What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which Tungsten BAR ?

Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
Friend
Which is the best choice for RV-3B Emp and fuse construction ? I need to choose between a 4" long and 2" long. I already have QB wings.

Larry,

We have made use of two different Tungsten bars on the -3 project, and don't think we'd have been very happy without both of them. One is long and skinny with a taper on the end, the other is more rectangular with a groove in it. You will save HOURS of frustration buying the right tools up front...

Paul

Larry,

We have made use of two different Tungsten bars on the -3 project, and don't think we'd have been very happy without both of them. One is long and skinny with a taper on the end, the other is more rectangular with a groove in it. You will save HOURS of frustration buying the right tools up front...

Paul

I agree with Paul that we've been quite happy with the two bars from Avery that we have. The groove in the more blocky one is really handy for keeping a solid grip on the bar while reaching through the narrow bulkheads inside the fuselage. The long, skinny one with the angled end has occasionally been indispensible for some hard to reach areas. I don't know how we would have built it without these two bars. They have handled at least 99% of our bucking needs so far (except for back-riveting).

Back