What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which one of these two anti-seize products are best?

ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi.

We're ready to install the CHT-sensors, the exhaust-system and spark-plugs for the last time, and before torque'ing, I want to put on some anti-seizure compound on these components.

I have two different products in my shop, and on my first -7, I've used the anti-seizure stick on all the components mentioned above.

The stick hasn't impressed me very much however, at least not on the spark plugs.
Therefore I'm considering to try the Autolite T-556.

Does any of you have any recommendations regarding which product to use where?
Maybe Autolite on the sparkplugs and the stick on the rest? (exhaust and CHT sensors)

I have dual P-mags so I'd think that the Autolite also schould be used on the plug-adapters?

Thanks in advance for any advices.

I think it is all pretty much the same stuff.
I use the Napa paste. One little tube will last you a lifetime. I take an acid brush and cut the brissels in half. Makes a nice stiff little brush to apply it with.
It does not take much.

What do you do with the other half of the brush which you cut the bristles off of?

Funny. Ok, I cut the bristle part in half, err, oh never mind, I make the bristles shorter. There.
I have not found a use for the other half of the bristles yet.

Hi.

The stick hasn't impressed me very much however, at least not on the spark plugs.
Therefore I'm considering to try the Autolite T-556.

Does any of you have any recommendations regarding which product to use where?
Maybe Autolite on the sparkplugs and the stick on the rest? (exhaust and CHT sensors)

I have dual P-mags so I'd think that the Autolite also schould be used on the plug-adapters?

Thanks in advance for any advices.

I used the Autolite T-556 for 25 years in my Pitts and 3 years in my -10. Never any problem removing the plugs in either plane.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Thanks...

... for the replies guys.

Looks like I'll try the Autolite on the sparkplugs and the stick on the rest.

Back