What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which electric DA sander?

TCONROY

Well Known Member
I am going to be doing most of the body work on my -7 before we have it painted next Spring. I see there are many good pneumatic DA sanders out there but they also require a large air compressor capable of 12-17 SCFM. Has anyone found a good electric Dual Action Sander they can recommend for body work?

I have had a lot of experience with DA sanders. Do not buy Harbor Freight sanders. The Porter Cable sander is awesome!!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Porter-C...it-Sander-with-Polishing-Pad-7346SP/202910698

I tried other sanders and thing would blow the others away. In the boat yard everyone (10 guys) all bought this sander after seeing it work. I could out sand them 2 to 1.

A Fess DA sander is also awesome, but really expensive. Fess is a 6 inch sander also. So you can use their sanding disks, since they have a wide range of disk grit options.

Your correct about knowing how much air a pneumatic sander needs. I made that mistake once. LOL

Last edited:
Back