What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which dyna focal engine mounts to use

FireMedic_2009

Well Known Member
I have a dyna focal engine mount for an O-360. There seems to be quite a variety of engine mounts with various price ranges. Which one do I use? If there is more than one type to use, is the more expensive one that much better?
Thanks

Last edited:
What I meant was the rubber mounts

My bad. What I meant was the rubber mounts between the engine and engine mount

Thanks

I used the Barry mounts on my 7 because they were much less expensive than the Lord mounts. No sag or issues so far after 6 years and 700 hrs. 0-360 and only light "upper air work". :)

I just looked up Barry eng mounts for RV’s and are $167 each. That’s about $650. Is this correct? It doesn’t seem cheap to me

The Lord mounts are crazy expensive! Mine are 9+ years old now and have a little bit of sag, but not enough to spend next to $1K to rectify.

Last edited:
Our engine is off for repair and we're going to replace the mount isolators. The originals were manufactured by VIP and despite being installed for 17 years, they looked great when I pulled them out. No cracking, sagging, etc.. Looked up and found three options for our RVs....VIP, Barry or Lord with VIP being least expensive. Called them and found out the plant had burned down and they were not expecting any availability anytime soon. These mounts were around $100 each. Next up was Barry mounts. Seems to me they were around $150 each. Lastly, was Lord mounts at $250 each! I would have put the VIP mounts in if they were available but since they weren't we went with the Barry mounts.

FYI. Vans has the Barry mounts for $130, A/C Spruce $167.

IMO $130 for rubber donuts is ridiculously over priced

Last edited:
Barry Mounts, via Vans

I decided to change mine rather late in the game, after a three month overhaul. This was late June and I found limited supply.

Ultimately bought the Barry Mounts, TSO,d so perhaps accounts for cost.
Mounts + new bolts = $609.50.

I will be about 90 years old, if or when they start to sag. Of course, I will still be flying... but who knows what platform that will be 🙂

Back